3 priceless gifts for mom
Something has become evident during this global situation: the most valuable things in life cannot be measured in money. This time we have shared moments at home with the people we love, we have followed the praiseworthy work of specialists who keep sharing without fees, we have been part of countless virtual activities and have strengthen the bond with our families.
To celebrate this Mother’s Day, we want to share three ideas that you cannot get in a shop, but are certain to go straight to Mom’s heart.
1. Breakfast for a Queen
Breakfast in bed is a classic of all times. Surprise mom from the very beginning of the day and fill her with pampering and details that remind her how special she is.
This pancake recipe is a delight, and will add a touch of sweetness to her day.
Apple and cinnamon pancake
· 6 pcs. golden apple
· 3½ oz butter
· ½ fl oz Calvados or Cognac
· 6 eggs
· 1½ cup sugar
· 3 cups flour
· 1 tsp. baking soda
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· ½ tsp. salt
· 1½ tsp. cinnamon
· ¼ cup sour cream
· 1 cup oil
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 4 tbsp. oats
· Preheat oven to 350°F.
· Peel and dice the apple.
· Melt butter in a frying pan.
· Add the apple dices and stir briefly to combine.
· Add the Calvados/Cognac and stir for a minute.
· Remove from heat and reserve.
· Sift the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder and cinnamon. Mix ingredients together.
· In a bowl add eggs and sugar and whisk until you double the volume.
· Add the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon) and stir.
· Add the sour cream, oats, the oil and the vanilla and mix gently till the batter is incorporated.
· Pour the batter on a prepared baking mold.
· Spread the apple topping over the batter.
· Bake pancake for approximately 30-35 min or until you insert a toothpick into the middle and it comes out dry.
· Leave the pancake cool completely.
We hope you enjoy the cooking process as much as seeing mom’s face lighting up with joy!
➤ Mom may not be near at this moment, but don’t worry! You can make use of technology to be closer than ever. We share these two options to celebrate her in her day:
2. Virtual fiesta
Don’t let distance interfere in one of the most special celebrations of the year. Connect via Zoom to a virtual fiesta mom will never forget. Customize your screen background with these Mother’s Day themed designs prepared by our talented Creative Director, at Velas Resorts:
Download them here.
➤ Add on!
Velas Resorts also created a fun collection of stickers to use in Whatsapp, to celebrate this day. You can download the sticker’s pack and use any app of your choice to set up your stickers. Simply follow these steps:
1. Click on this link to download the stickers pack.
2. Select Save on you Files.
3. Select the file 💝 MOM 💝.wastickers and open.
4. Your app will automatically be launched.
4. Now you are set up to start using your stickers!.
3. Create your own designs
If you want to put your design skills to test, these online tools offer free options to create cool designs from scratch:
1. Greeting cards.
2. Posts for your social networks.
3. Collages with the best of your photo album.
4. Printable posters.
These platforms also offer predesigned templates –so convenient! The best? They are super easy to use.
May this day be as special as her presence in our lives.
Happy Mother’s Day!