Exfoliation to look radiant
The skin is our best barrier against pollution, dust, the sun, and all external agents that travel through the air. Therefore, it is essential to keep a daily routine for your skin and thus keep it clean, hydrated, and protected. Although it is not recommended every day, exfoliating the body, hands, and face will vary depending on your skin type and the indications of your dermatologist.
Skin renewal is a natural process to eliminate toxins and residues, but with the help of some exfoliation products, this process becomes more effective and has many benefits.
What happens to your skin with the exfoliation?
- More hydration: By removing the layer of dead cells and dirt, the skin will be ready to better absorb the nutrients from creams and serums used in your skincare.
- Regeneration: When we help this process of the skin, it will have more possibilities to breathe and regenerate properly to look radiant.
- Luminosity: Cleaning the skin is very important since, with the correct hydration, the skin will look renewed and luminous.
- Uniform color: With proper exfoliation, the spots and inflammations will diminish to match the natural color of your skin.
Exfoliate for this season!
Taking care of the skin correctly in each season is vital to keep it healthy and radiant, therefore, the Director of SE Spa at Grand Velas Riviera Maya shares with us a straightforward DIY recipe to renew and hydrate your skin with a pineapple mojito scrub.
Pineapple Mojito Scrub
Although it is an exfoliant that is offered as part of the Water Ceremony at SE Spa, we want you to obtain its benefits from home, as dead skin is removed with sea salt and then hydrated with pineapple, which is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and high amount of vitamin C; in addition, the mint creates a cooling effect.
What do you need?
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup pineapple cubes
- 8 mint leaves
- ¼ sea salt
How to prepare it?
- Combine peppermint essential oil and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- In a food processor, blend pineapple and mint leaves until smooth.
- Add sea salt and pineapple mint to the bowl with oils.
- On wet skin, gently rub in circular motions over the body with light pressure (not recommended for use on the face).
Remember that your skin is very important, so constantly visit a specialist and keep it radiant.
Vanessa Boulier8 months ago
Wow, what an interesting blog! I was impressed with this information