Why should you exercise outdoors?
For several months we have adapted our entire routine to what we have within reach of our home, and this has taught us to adapt our space to take classes, work, and even exercise. Although little by little we have restarted some activities outside the home with the corresponding security measures, it is important to continue taking care of ourselves and adapt your daily routine to the official regulations of your city, for example:
- Wear a mask at all times
- Avoid touching your face
- Opt for individual activities
- Take care of social distancing
… and don’t forget to use sunscreen
Maintaining good physical and mental health contributes to a positive performance in our daily tasks and this is basically due to our lifestyle, diet, and exercise. Doing physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day is what the specialists recommend since its benefits are innumerable, but now that there are more possibilities to exercise outdoors, what additional advantages does it bring you?
In the city
- There are exclusive spaces for physical activities, so it is easier to do a little cardio by running, for example.
- Due to the altitude of some cities, the body makes more effort, so the development of the physical condition will be greater.
- You can see more nature and that gives peace of mind and fresh air.
On the beach
- To the rhythm of the waves, your routine will be even more relaxing.
- It is advisable to practice low-impact sports since the sand is unstable terrain, but this will improve your physical condition.
- More fat is burned, as most beaches stand out for their warm temperature.
Regardless of the space, you choose to exercise, in general taking a moment of your day for some physical activity increases your self-esteem, improves immune function and cardiovascular health, and releases dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins that boost your level of happiness.
What physical activity do you most miss doing outdoors?